[pct-l] side arm?

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 16:15:42 CDT 2008

Sidearms on the PCT?  The bigger the better Gonzo!

No, seriously, they are forbidden in the national parks and a number of other locations on the trail.  Contact the PCTA for specific details.  That said, there is absolutely NO REASON to carry a side arm on the trail!  Don't get me wrong, I fully support right to keep and bear arms and I am an avid sportsman, but a weapon is not needed on a thru-hike.

From: Andrew Siemer <asiemer at hotmail.com>