[pct-l] technu and Poison Oak

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 12:31:18 CDT 2008

Expect to find Poison Oak both before and after Beldon and North of
Burney Falls St. Park til you hit 4000' elevation.  Poison Oak is why
we live at 4500'.  I get it super bad.  Technu would be my treatment
of choice if I came into contact with it...tho a good scrubbing with
Fels Naptha soap had helped in the past (pre-Technu).  I do believe it
cuts thru the P.O. oil and forms a barrier.  At least it used to for
me...does P.O. oil behave like bacteria and form an immunity?
FireFly
P.S.  Update on Andrea's kind request for summer help here at the
Heitman's.  Dennis is now on Dilantin in an attempt to stem the
seizures he's suffered lately.  That greatly helps the emotional
strain we've both been feeling.  Help, however...with cooking,
especially through the arrival of the herd, mid to late July? is still
a need.  I still can't get a knee surgery date (beyond 'some time in
April', according to the surgeon's staff) and the longer I have to
wait, the more gimpy I'm likely to be when hikers come thru.  Does
anyone have a few free days they could spare in a really nice part of
Shasta County?
We've tents to sleep in, a mountain or two to climb, volcanic activity
to explore, Burney Falls near by, and some free time between breakfast
and dinner to go see and do things in.  Wouldn't be all work and no
play.  Hat Creek is known as a challenging trout stream and we have a
smoker...smoked trout is wonderful!  Hammocks and a hot tub....guitar
and keyboard.....
Thanks.....
F.