[pct-l] Georgi Heitman......our angel

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 13:41:23 CDT 2008

I sent this post in but haven't seen it on the site yet. So, I'm posting
again because this is important.

**I am putting out a call for those in the PCT hiker community for some help
for Georgi Heitman, Trail Angel at Old Station, Ca. She is having a real
hard time physically caring for Dennie (her hubby). He has been having major
problems with his diabetes and seizures. When he falls she has a terrible
time trying to get him back in the chair.*  *She needs some help now and
especially during hiker season this year.*

*Here's some of her words.........**

**Yeah... it's been a rough winter, with Dennie in the hospital or
E.R. three times and me once. I've got knee and hand surgeries coming up.
Both scheduled for April at this point, hoping for enough cancellations that
they'll get moved forward, but just the same, I'm looking for kitchen help
amongst former hikers, wannabe trail angels, traveling support people, etc.
If you run into anyone like that, send them down, o.k?*

*The up-shot of all this is that I can't count on Dennie to be of any help
except to transport hikers and sit around playing host. I've got these
surgeries coming up and the number of hikers we get increases every year. I
cook dinner and breakfast for hikers. I love doing it, but between doing
that and shopping, laundry, towels, etc,  and having to make all the
decisions on everything that comes up I get tired sooner and sooner the
older I get. I'll be 70 in June.... *

*Dennie tells me over and over that I need more help, and I have to admit
he's right. What I really need is a series of someones who can stay for
several days maybe even a week, who can learn my kitchen and where things
are and should be returned to so we don't have to go looking each time we
want something, but it didn't get put away in the right place.*

*So...that's my situation.....my plea for extra help would be from the 1st
of July til Labor Day or maybe a bit later if we have a bunch of
long-distance flippers. Any help, just one additional person, except when
I'm gone in July is really all I'd like to have. *
*
**If anyone can help Georgi and Dennie please contact them. It's time to
give
back some of that trail magic to one of the best Angels on the PCT.*

Georgi's phone......530.335.7463   email:  *bobbnweav at gmail.com*

Hugs to everyone.............

PCT MOM

Andrea Dinsmore