[pct-l] Picture of the Clinton C. Clarke Tree

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Mar 8 16:37:53 CST 2008

If you want to see a great picture of the tree, just email LaZorra at
_lizmares at cox.net_ (mailto:lizmares at cox.net)  and she will email it back  to you as
an attachment.

This is a great picture and notice the tiny picnic tables at the base of  the
tree.  If you look closely you might make out the Mutant Saber Tooth
Mountain Lions hanging around the tables for scraps.  Or they might just be  waiting
for another PCT hiker to come along for a snack.

Again, this gigantic Sequoia like tree is about a quarter mile before the
highway going SOUTH into Warner Springs on the PCT loop around Warner  Springs.
In other words, just as you start Section B.  Notice the  eerie look of the
tree, like ghosts live there.  I bet Indians years ago  used to hike into the
woods to do weird ceremonies around the base of the  tree.  Kind of like
Stonehenge over in England.

I plan to drive out to it, since it is in a car campground, when I stay at
the Warner Springs Resort.  But I might just stay in my SUV with the doors
locked and look around.

Cheers, Switchback