[pct-l] optimal time to hike from Big Bear to Tehachapi

Janet Grossman janetgr at cableone.net
Mon Mar 3 21:58:49 CST 2008

I plan to start a section hike at Hwy 18 by Big Bear this year, where I had to abort my thru-hike last year due to totally blistered feet. I'll only go to about Hwy 58 (end of Section E) at Tehachapi Pass, to see how my feet do this time with various changes in treatment, and then plan to start there next year and go the rest of the way to Canada. If anyone knows what the snow in the Big Bear area is doing and/or has suggestions about the "best" time to do this hike, I'd love to hear about it. I'm really itchy to get back out there, but also have to put in for the time off from work. Thanks!
Janet