[pct-l] Kickoff & Warner Springs Resort Dinner

robo hiker robohiker at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 2 14:43:21 CST 2008

o.k. there are exceptions,but they should be made by the owner as i previously stated., for example as you know if one has hiked the entire 100 mile wilderness in maine they get the same status as a thru-hiker at the birches. to me it's simple, if i think i'm trying to "get away with something" i probably am. all the best

From: Slyatpct at aol.comDate: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 15:36:38 -0500Subject: Re: [pct-l] Kickoff & Warner Springs Resort DinnerTo: robohiker at hotmail.com; pct-l at backcountry.net

robohiker at hotmail.com writes:
i'm sure that every thru-hiker starts out with the intention of completing their trip when they ask for the discount, and the owner knows full well it's a long haul to canada and that anything can happen after they leave the facility.

Yeah I know I just think thought it was ironic that Elevator was pointing out Switichback's sense of entitlement, but brought up thru-hiking.   Most of my hikes, (contrary to rumor, I've only thru-hiked the CDT)  have been long sections of a thousand miles or more.  If there's a special rate for hikers, I'm going to ask.

Sly