[pct-l] Sierra Storms (time of day?)

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Sun Mar 2 12:47:30 CST 2008

In 2006 I left KM earlier then most (June 6th) and I had spectacular weather!  From KM north, the only percipitation we had was a brief afternoon thunderstorm while at VVR and a day of white-out conditions of rain, sleet and snow between Thousand Island Lake and Donahue Pass.  Fortunately, the storm broke just before we crested the pass.

Even with these glorious conditions it still got down into the single digit and teens at night above 10K.  We made camp on a couple of nights above 10K (before Pinchot, before Mather) in order to summit at optimal snow conditions and it was mighty cold up there!

Elevator

From: "Donna Saufley" <dsaufley at sprynet.com>