[pct-l] Transportation Options

virgil virgil at baloney.com
Sat Mar 1 12:23:24 CST 2008

On Saturday 01 March 2008 7:24:20 mark.hurst at juno.com wrote:
> Can anyone provide information/ideas regarding transportation
> possibilities/options from Bakersfield to Walker Pass and from Yosemite to
> Modesto?  Am planning to fly into Bakersfield, hike from Walker Pass to
> Yosemite and fly out of Sacramento.  Thanks

There is public transit from Bakersfield to Onyx (via Lake Isabella), from
Onyx it is about a 20 mile hitch to Walker Pass.

At the other end, YARTS will take you down out of the valley to Merced,  From
Merced its easy to get to where ever (amtrak etc).

--
"I came into this game for adventure - go anywhere, travel light, get in, get
out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone."

Robert De Niro as Harry Tuttle in Brazil.