[pct-l] The Further Adventures of Wolffman...

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 16:45:39 CDT 2008

....who, has somewhere on the trail reached a spot where cell phones were
usable.  It was probably somewhere very near Hwy 140, possibly even the same
spot his last message came from yesterday (Sat. a.m.).  He, along with
?Sonic?, the fellow nobo that Wolffman reported visiting with earlier,
penetrated the so-far-this-season-unpenetrated area between Hwy 140 and
Crater Lake Nat'l Pk.  The stalwart duo ran into a solid wall of snow at
5500 ft. with areas 10 to 12 feet deep, and, in face of ever increasing
obstacles as elevations increased, were, sadly, turned back.  Phone calls to
areas further north garnered information that suggested that even past
Crater Lake, nothing was getting better in the near future.  As a result,
our heroes surrendered their attempts to forge the way for those following
along behind and somewhere along the line, went their separate ways.
Wolffman was trying to get a hitch to the Ashland Airport and his car for a
return trip to NoCal.  We expect to see him or hear from him sometime
today.
Last night did, indeed garner three new visitors, the famous AsABat, his
sweet wife, Cindy and our own sweet Billy Goat.  Our Junior Assistant Trail
Angels Wounded Knee, Dirty Thumbs Arbuckle and his bride, K.T. provided an
fantastic dinner and after breakfast ala Georgi (they let me cook once in a
while) all guests departed, two toward a church in Burney and one toward his
hiking goal for the month of July.
End of report...
FireFly