[pct-l] maximum calorie packing in a bear can

David Plotnikoff david at emeraldlake.com
Thu Jun 26 20:30:06 CDT 2008

Hello from a longtime list lurker.

OK, I usually steer clear of bear can, bike, gun and dog threads, but ....

Radar wrote:

>It might be fun to have a bear canister packing contest at the
>kickoff party.  How many calories/pounds of food can fit?
>
>Radar

I seem to recall (although I can't find it in the archives) that this
question was settled way back in the Tom Reynolds era: take one bear
can, place a flour tortilla loaded with peanut butter in the bottom,
stack another, and another, and another.... I assume the only thing
that could top that would be a bearcan stuffed with macadamia nut
butter. Good eating! Really give that titanium spork a workout. Not
to mention your large and small intestines. And versatile, too. Any
surplus could be used to re-grout any drafty sections of the Muir Hut.

DP