[pct-l] Bear Cannisters

Aaron Wallace aaron at skeeky.com
Thu Jun 26 19:53:35 CDT 2008

A large canister can easily hold 8+ days worth of food for one person.  This is more than almost all thru-hikers need to travel from Glen Aulin to Dorothy Lake Pass, which is the longest canister-required stretch--at least until SEKI starts phasing out backcountry lockers...  Use the boxes at Glen Aulin and carry the next day's food outside the can, since you'll eat it before nightfall.  Or carry a second--or larger (the 900cc Bearikade Expedition)--canister.  There is no legitimate excuse for endangering other backpackers and bears with improperly stored "overflow".