[pct-l] Bear Cannisters

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Thu Jun 26 17:57:12 CDT 2008

On Jun 26, 2008, at 6:42 PM, Ned Tibbits wrote:

> I spoke to Jamie Hogan of Bearvault a day or two ago about just
> this issue,
> the BV500 doesn't hold the amount of food many hikers need for the
> long
> stretches in the Sierra. Heck, my 17-day gorp bag takes up nearly
> 1/3rd of
> it!

What long stretches are you talking about?  I hiked from KM to
Yosemite last year with a canister.  By the time I got to Whitney all
my food fit in the canister and/or I could use bear boxes.  From VVR
to Tuolomne should fit in a canister and from Tuolomne to Sonora Pass
should also fit and get you out of the danger zone.

Radar