[pct-l] Bear Cannisters or not

Postholer public at postholer.com
Thu Jun 26 15:06:23 CDT 2008

> I find it quite stunning how snippy people can be on this list and
> how unlike real PCT hikers they sound. I can't wait to return to the
> trail where people are actually kind, helpful and friendly.

I wasn't being snippy, not this time, anyway.

Snippy is your perception. If we had this conversation on the trail, face to
face, you would not have interpeted it as such. Not carrying a bear canister
is a choice with reponsibilities. I felt an alternate point needed to be
provided in light of some of the 'you will be arrested' nonsense that was
stated.

Snippy arm-chair hiker,
-postholer