[pct-l] Introduction and a question

stacey stacey_myst at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 15:11:16 CDT 2008

Hi, I have been reading this for about a month now.  Some day I would like to hike the PCT. (I am super excited it)  My earliest estimate would be 2010, since that's when I finish getting my AA.  But from my reading on this list, I figure it's going to take longer than that (I've backpacked a little, a few week long trips)  since the big thing I seem to be reading is that I've got to get lots more experience under my belt first.

I have Tons of questions about various things, but since I haven't read through all of the database of these emails, I figure I'll just ask one of them for now.  Does anyone (willing to discuss it, heheh) take medications that they have to bring with them on the trail? I have ADHD and I'm wondering if anyone else has to deal with that sort of thing. I started taking meds a few years ago, and I haven't actually had the chance to backpack since then, so I'm wondering if there's any good tips, etc. Or if it doesn't really make any difference at all.
(hah, and by the time I actually get to the PCT I might not be taking them anymore but who knows lol)

Thanks!

Stacey Myhren