[pct-l] Agnus Creek Bridge still closed

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 11:11:52 CDT 2008

Just received a notice from the North Cascades Park Ranger. They let me know
that the Agnes Creek Bridge (that was repaired last year) is still out. Here
is what the letter said.

PACIFIC CREST TRAIL REROUTE FOR AGNES CREEK BYPASS:

The Agnes Creek Bridge on the PCT is STILL currently out. Until the
replacement bridge has been installed please use the detour. *PLEASE NOTE
THAT THE AGNES CREEK IS NOT SAFE TO FORD IN ANY SEASON. USE THE DETOUR TO
AVOID AN UNSAFE CROSSING.*

Northbound PCT hikers:  From Suiattle Pass hike down the Railroad Creek
Trail to Holden Village, which operates a shuttle bus to Lucerne
(reservations recommended). From Lucerne, board the Lady of the Lake ferry
to travel up Lake Chelan to Stehekin where bus transport is available to
High Bridge trail head and to the continuation of the PCT. For additional
info on schedules and fees contact the Golden West Visitor Center in
Stehekin at 360.854.7365 ext. 14.

*This appears to be the same reroute as last year.*

Here is a link to more info. I spoke with the forest service this morning
and rivers at higher and faster than normal. They are concerned about hikers
trying to ford at the usual crossings.

PCT MOM