[pct-l] Mountain lion attack

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Wed Jun 25 08:44:47 CDT 2008

A book I have frequently referred to, "The Beast in the Garden" by David Baron, is a study and history of mountain lion attacks in the Boulder, Colorado area.  It centers upon the attack of a high school athlete who was killed by a lion while running around the property of his school. It is one of those Krakauer-like in depth factual studies of the subject, told in a spellbinding manner.  Mr. Baron is often quoted when there are mountain lion attacks.

It is an excellent read to learn not only about mountain lions in Boulder, but mountain lions where many of us live. I strongly recommend reading it to understand more about these amazing predators among us.

L-Rod