[pct-l] Fires....!!!

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Tue Jun 24 14:21:44 CDT 2008

Hey Georgi,

Knowing you are busy let's me know you're hang'en in there. Stay safe and don't get worn down.

I called the below number (and many others) trying to get information. If I'm not mistaken I was given option of numbers to press; the one I choose seemed to be right but I had to leave answer for Michael??? Later that day, yesterday, I saw him on TV news being interviewed about the two missing hikers that has managed to walk safely off the mountain. I've also seen his name in print in the Redding newspaper. He represents the Shasta-Trinity NF. All of that is to simply say, I'm not sure he'll be available.

Just called ranger station in McCloud and she states the fire around Cassel is 40% contained. She had no information about the trail or road closures. She states the only information she has she gets from the internet. She did inform me that there are no fires between Belden and McCloud. BUT, at this point as Georgi knows, all bets are off due to so many lighting fires and so many more days of thunder and lightening expects.

are we there yet
JoAnn