[pct-l] OR questions

Jim Ostdick palomino.pct at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 12:41:17 CDT 2008

It's a short walk from Greyhound to the transit center in Medford, where you
can catch a Rogue Valley Transit bus to Ashland for a couple of dollars. The
bus will not take you all the way to the I-5 trailhead south of town. You
could query the list for an Ashland trail angel or take a taxi for about
$25. I took a cab (quick and easy).

This is a good site for OR transportation stuff:

http://www.tripcheck.com/Pages/RCMap.asp?curRegion=0&mainNav=RoadConditions

Last year I was offered a ride at MacKenzie Pass into Sisters before I could
even get my pack off :-) The road from the west is stiil closed, I think,
but people frequently come up to the pass from Sisters and there is a
campground just to the east of the pass where you could ask for a ride.
Santiam Pass has traffic, but it's not a moto-tourist stopping place. You
might yogi a ride at the PCT trailhead parking area north of the hwy if you
are lucky. My preference would be MacKenzie. Safer. Easier.

Palomino