[pct-l] The world's easiest jerky

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Fri Jun 20 20:34:03 CDT 2008

Here's the world's easiest jerky recipe.
Buy Louis Rich Turkey bacon. (It's cheap at Costco). Cut each slice in
half.  Lay on dehydrator trays.  Dry until it shrinks about a third and
looks like cooked bacon.  It will still be sort of greasy.  Bag it in
ziplock snack bags.  About 5-6 slices each  bag is about right.
Refrigerate it until it goes in your pack or your resupply box.  YUM!
Tastes like bacon!  We've eaten this for years and haven't had any go
moldy.  Our other jerky of choice is chicken jerky, also sold at Costco,
ready to pack. It's sold in the pet food section, because it is intended
as a doggy treat.  It is nothing but chicken meat, dried.  No
preservatives or flavors.  Tastes like chicken!  Dirt cheap as well.
What a country!
Marion