[pct-l] Scott's diet

Will Hiltz will.hiltz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 20:04:53 CDT 2008

IMHO one of the big aspects that you no-cook folks overlook is the mental
aspect of hot food.  There is a real ritualistic pleasure I derive from
cooking a hot meal at the end of the day (even if it is just ramen and a
lipton side...) even if it has been 90 degrees all day.  One also deprives
oneself of the ability to whip up a little hot tea/coffee/hot chocolate
which in my experience can be a great warm-up when its rainy out or you're
feeling blue.  A big factor for me is just the morale boost from putting
down somthing hot.  I can tell you that in Washington after a cold, hard,
rainy day I want nothing more than something warm before I hit the sack.
The idea of eating a bag full of cold pea and cheese powders (especially at
a wet 40 degrees) just sounds dreadful to me (no offense intended, Steel-Eye
and others).  Just a little .02 on a Saturday morning.

YITOOD,

Easy