[pct-l] Reflection of an old man

ed faubert edfaubert at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 19:39:43 CDT 2008

Meadow Ed here.................
Ah, today is one of those rare days we all have from time to time and still amazed at how life comes together at times..............

This is my last day being 62, so tomorrow is just another day, right!

America laid to rest a newshound today in Tim Russett, but for those who watched this today must have been reminded of the lost of a loved one or even the lost of a national head of state. For me it was both the lost of my Dad back in 1953 as we saw a boy today become a man saying goodbye to his own dad. I was reminded of how a few years ago we said goodbye to a pct hiker friend to us all in No Way Ray.......

Wow, a knock at my door and someones is bringing over a person who wants to bye this place for cash money and will be back in 1 hour to look at my home...............

My permit for my next Grand Canyon was denied but have no fear a friend of mine who not only works in the park but is an LEO person was able to go on her own and get the permit i needed to have without me even leaving my home......

Sounds like a lot of unrelated gibberish here but not really as its more about the daily life we all have to deal with when we are NOT on the trail somewhere, perhaps this says more about why we do go out on the trails to get away from life hum drums...
meadow