[pct-l] footgear

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Wed Jun 18 11:07:24 CDT 2008

Good morning, Paperclip,

Light weight gaiters are available at:  http://www.dirtygirlgaiters.com/
These are very popular on the PCT.

Steel-Eye

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carolyn Clark" <dr_carolyn at yahoo.com>
To: <pct-l at backcountry.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:34 AM
Subject: [pct-l] footgear

We'll be hiking from Castle Crags to Crater Lake mid-July to mid-August. I
was planning to wear trail runner shoes. Given this year's lingering
snowpack, should I wear boots instead? (I have Reynaud's syndrome, so I'm
prone to getting cold toes; I already have frostbite on one toe from a
previous adventure.)
Also, I've been looking for extremely lightweight gaiters to keep out gravel
and thistles. I hike in shorts, so duct tape won't do. I've checked REI as
well as local running stores but can't find anything lighter than 8 oz. Any
suggestions where I can find some?
"Paperclip"
Carolyn