[pct-l] New to pct-l planning JMT in Aug

William Skaggs weskaggs at primate.ucdavis.edu
Wed Jun 18 11:00:51 CDT 2008

> Hi everyone. I'm new to this list I'm trying to plan a thruhike of the
> John Muir Trail mid August. I've read that this list is an invaluable
> resource so I'm looking forward to learning. Any others gonna be
> southbound in that area at that time?
> Nice to meet you all!
>
> Josh barraza

The new Muir Trail guidebook is very comprehensive and quite accurate
as far as I can tell.  Anyway, the most important early decision you have
to make is whether or not you want to use Vermillion Valley Resort or
the Muir Trail Ranch as a resupply point, because that takes planning.
You can look them up on the web to find out what is involved.

Have fun,

  -- Bill