[pct-l] Camping in Section D

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Thu Jun 12 23:23:35 CDT 2008

I recommend the hiker's camp at North Fork Saddle Ranger Station.  It is
hikers only.  I disrecommend Messenger Flats campground.  People can
drive in to it.  I spent a miserable night there camped next to drunken
teens who partied loudly and abused their girlfriends until 3 AM.
On this trip we also  camped at Guffy camp, Sulpher Springs Camp, and
Jackson Flat Group camp, but it was so early in the season that all the
camps were closed to auto traffic and all the facilities were locked up
or turned off.  I am not sure what policy would apply to hikers when the
camps are open but I can't imagine them having a problem.
Buck Camp is pleasant but has no water supply.  Cooper Canyon trail camp
is also nice.
Marion