[pct-l] Life Saving Trail Secrets

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Jun 12 13:21:30 CDT 2008

Yes Paul,
But that's because she did not feed me any breakfast and I only had 3
hrs. of sleep.
I was run down, my knees were shaking and in dire need of nourishment.

So there I was....a 67 year old malnourished Sr. Citizen, on shaky
knees, faced with having to keep pace
for 20 miles with 2 of our premire  backpackers about to embark on their
PCT record attempt.
I was nervous, because Joe and I had agreed they would not be slowed
down and if  I could not keep up
with them, they would not wait for me.....I would be left in the
wilderness, alone, lost and frightened with
beasts of prey and illegals all around me.....malnourished, out of food
& water, without a umbrella in
blistering heat......the end would have been near.

Can you blame her for stuffing 2 sandwiches down my throat?

I need to get with Switchback to learn about his  ''Super Secrets of
Backpacking'' especially his dehydrated
water, hands free umbrella and prestocked calories..... ..all of those
could have been  ''Life Saving Secrets''
had I not been able to keep up with Scott & Joe.

JMT Reinhold
Your malnourished trail companion