[pct-l] What is the best sleeping pad for under $100?

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 09:37:28 CDT 2008

Like any question concerning gear, there is no "best". It is what is the best for you.

Are you looking to be more comfortable in camp? Want to go lightweight?  Something in between?

Personally, I like to keep it simple.

I now use a generic close cell foam pad (aka the "blue foam pad") that is found in many big box stores, XYZMarts, etc. for ~$10. I cut it down and it weighs ~5 oz.

Besides being light and chea, it is nearly indestructible.  It is good if you hike all day and need a place to call home at night.

Again, it works for me..but it may not for others. Esp. if you prefer more comfort in camp.

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com