[pct-l] SCOT & JOE (so alike, yet so different) Are On The Way...One More Try

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Tue Jun 10 09:14:30 CDT 2008

After talking with Joe a couple of months ago about this difinition, rest assured it is not fully unassisted or unsupported as JMT Reinhold has described in his previous JMT record attempts.

Joe indicated that any magic (food or cache) found along the trail would be happily consumed without question.  Additionally, on-trail stops like Red's Meadows were acceptable spots for grabbing food from the cafe, which JMT Reinhold has indicated was a big no-no for the JMT Unsupported record.  Different trail, different definitions.

I suspect they are defining a new record here in some ways as they are simply differentiating themselves from others that have people meeting them along the way, hiking in resupplies ect.

Elevator

From: Gary Schenk <gwschenk at socal.rr.com>