[pct-l] What is the best sleeping pad for under $100?

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Mon Jun 9 21:20:59 CDT 2008

Good evening, Cliff,

My pad is described at this web page:
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=167391 Click on the photo for more
explanation.
The cost is about $15. depending upon what any where you buy.  The inflating
pads are OK, but after a couple of nights on a thin pad I can't really tell
much difference in the rest I get so I save the expense and weight.

By the way, I recently looked at thin foam pads at REI and I believe they
have a serious shortcoming.  Apparently they had been sliced off a huge
block of closed-cell foam, and the result is a slightly fuzzy surface --top
and bottom -- where they were cut.  Water wouldn't soak in, but the fuzzy
surface would be almost impossible to wipe dry in any reasonable time if it
were to become wet.  Also, my duct tape hinges may not stick well.

Enjoy your sleep,

Steel-Eye