[pct-l] Animal attacks

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sun Jun 8 08:54:15 CDT 2008

There is a great deal of doubt that the bite (if it was a bite at all) was from a brown recluse.  Apparently brown recluse spiders are not native to California.  While it's possible it was a spider or insect bite of some sort, we've seen similar presentations of wounds that were actually abcesses caused by bacteria -- in other words, a boil.  Difficult to say what the original cause was in Ladybird's case, but it's important to remember that the critter that can ultimately get you may be one too tiny to see with the naked eye.

L-Rod