[pct-l] first time poster!

trail-name-here trail-name-here at comcast.net
Thu Jun 5 09:07:51 CDT 2008

Hola!

Glad you are adventurous enough to take on a lengthy hike through huge,
beautiful country.
You have asked a pretty open question about your layering and there are many
people on this list who can help you out with good, solid advice.
I don't mean any offense, but my best suggestion is that you walk into a
gear store, talk with the salespeople, learn about the layers, then make up
your mind.
But, you might delay your big hike in lieu of actually using your layers to
see what your body needs.
For your own safety, the trail is no place to test out your gear.
Take  a local hike in inclement  weather and you'll quickly, and safely,
learn what works for you.

Hasta la pasta!