[pct-l] Clover Fire Detour

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Mon Jun 2 01:37:52 CDT 2008

I was going to wait until I had more information but after reading
POD's  journal on Postholer ( http://postholer.com/missdarkness ) I
have decided to create a Clover Fire possible detour map in case some
hikers find it useful.

I have not hiked these trails (other than the PCT) and have no idea
what the detour might be like.

The possible detour would be:

About 1.2 miles S of Kennedy Meadows Campground take dirt road E to
the trail to Wildrose Meadow.

Continue past Wildrose Meadow to Dutch John Flat.

At Dutch John Flat take Haiwee Trail W back to PCT. You should join
the PCT about 2.5 miles N of Clover Meadow (where the fire probably
is).

A printable map showing the detour area is here:

www.pctmap.net/pctdownloads/clover_detour.pdf

If anyone has any better suggestions let me know.

Good luck.

-Halfmile