[pct-l] PCT Mom: Re: "Oregon don't look good"

Postholer public at postholer.com
Sun Jun 1 22:32:33 CDT 2008

Mt. Hood at 5400 feet is showing 142", that's 12 feet. That's alot of snow!

Again, from the thru-hikers perspective, they probably won't be there en
masse until August. That's 3 months from now. So while it's alot of snow it
has *plenty* of time to melt. The trails will probably be an absolute mess
though.

All I know for sure (maybe) is that there a place I check local for snow
depth. It doesn't say anything about water content just snow inches on the
ground. As of a few minutes ago on Steven's Pass there was still 58" where
they measure.