[pct-l] guidebook pages

Scott Heeschen sheeschen at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 1 00:43:57 CDT 2008

> Whats the best way to chop up the guidebooks without ruining the
> pages?? The databook is thin; it looks like I could use a
> papercutter and lop off the whole binding in one shot.? How should I
> attack the big wilderness press books??? Maybe a boxcutter?? X-acto
> knife?
>
> Thanks,
> Margaret

I fired up the ol' bandsaw in the garage and just zinged off the
binding part of the Wilderness Press books.  Yes, it was overkill, but
also oddly satisfying.  Punched some holes in the pages so I could
twist-tie parts together.  I still have all the pages from my thru-
hike (mailed 'em home, couldn't bear to burn them like a few other
hikers did - saves weight, but come on!).  Though I didn't record any
notes on them, I can tell which sections were rainy/muddy/sweaty!

I think my wimpy hands were capable of ripping the databook.

     Buck Larceny '05