[pct-l] Antelope Valley Reroute

Lou Filliger lfilliger at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 29 10:39:57 CDT 2008

I've thought of that.  The natives through there aren't all that friendly, however.
There's a sign that really sticks out in my memory:  "Trespassers will be shot.  Survivors
will be shot again."    My impression is that they put up with the hikersl because they
have no choice, but once the trail is rerouted they'll have no such courtesy.  Also, if I
remember the details of the proposed agreement correctly, some of the land over which the
trail currently crosses will be fenced off or otherwise closed.

Nevertheless, keeping out of sight of the locals and matching wits with them when
confronted is part of the charm of the area, so I'm not complaining.

Take care
LF