[pct-l] ice ax and/or crampons in the goat rocks??

sandy boyd sandylwes at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 09:04:16 CDT 2008

Hi List- I am planning to leave saturday morning from bridge of the gods. ( oregon washington border)Resupplies are already sent, bag almost packed.  I am going with an experienced PCTer, but have a good friend who is concerned we will need ice ax  and crampons for the goat rocks due to the HIGH snow level this year. Does anyone have thoughts on this??? Has anyone been on this stretch yet this year.??? Any recommendations on ice axes and crampons??? Maybe REI has them. Thanks for any and all input-
sandy
mabton,wa