[pct-l] Fire Closures in General

Lou Filliger lfilliger at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 28 16:33:18 CDT 2008

When was the last time you were laying on the side of a trail with a
broken bone(s) and burnt skin and told someone you rather stay there and
die a slow death from starvation, dehydration and infection?

Never have, because I make sure to avoid trouble.  If that's how your hikes typically end
up, make sure I never end up as your hiking buddy.

I don't believe in accidents and bad luck.  Everything happens for a reason.

 What about
your family?! Consider the myriad of legal obligations on behalf
publicly funded organisations and emergency service providers.

Yep, well, now you are coming to the crux of it:  fear of getting sued.  That will be used
as an excuse to take away many of our freedoms.

 You have
no point.

What you mean to say is you disagree with my point.  Look at the pioneers who came to
California - the Donner Party, the many groups who died crossing Death Valley.  Go take a
look at a pioneer cemetery - look at the gravestones.  People died in their 20's and 30's
back then - hardships, disease, starvation.  Yet they pressed forward and founded this
great country.  Do you suppose they would have turned back because of residual smoke from
a fire 50 miles to the northwest?   Our country was founded on the backs of brave men and
women, and the philosophy of you and others like you have turned us into a nation of
cowards.

Under these circumstances there is no choice and realistically
never will be one.

As Plato said, if you ask me a question and then restrict my possible answers, you haven't
really asked me a question at all.

Thank god it is the way it is - I have been picked up form the side of
the road with a badly busted up body.

So I have to suffer for your mistakes?

 I have gone out in choppers and
pulled stupid people from places they new they weren't smart to be in. I
have pulled fire hoses and carried piss tanks on my back through the
bush.

Good for you.  Still doesn't give you the right to tell me how to live my life; never
will.

Lou Filliger