[pct-l] Boring WA sections?

Eric Lee (GAMES) elee at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 28 15:31:59 CDT 2008

Eric wrote:

I'm hoping to do a really long day out here in WA, and I was wondering if
anyone could recommend a ~70 mile section that isn't particularly scenic
north of Cascade Locks.

There are two that come to mind, though neither are 70 miles long.

The first is the very first 30 miles out of Cascade Locks to Panther Creek Campground.  It's not as horrible as the guidebook makes it sound, but it's nothing spectacular, either.  You could keep going past Panther Creek Campground until you got the 70 miles, I guess.

The second is the last 40 miles before getting in to Snoqualmie Pass.  That area has been heavily logged so its beauty is rather diminished.

Eric