[pct-l] northcascades 2008

Alan Crabtree alancrabtree at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 22:20:34 CDT 2008

Here's a recent trip report from Washington Trails Association

Jul 19, 2008 by PLC
Slate Peak and Harts Pass Area
The North Cascades
The road to Harts Pass and Slate Peak is open and easily drivable by almost any car. It's a long drive, but well worth it: on this day the sun was shining, the marmots and deer were plentiful, and the flowers were in full display.

Flowers will probably peak in two weeks, and I've never seen so much variety in one spot. Just park at Harts Pass and wander through the meadows for an incredible show.

******