[pct-l] Options for getting onto the PCT south of Lake WenatcheeYmca camp

Donald Pierce golfchief at msn.com
Tue Jul 22 10:23:10 CDT 2008

The closest is Trinity which is at the Chiwawa River Road.  There is a section of the PCT detour that actually runs along that road.  There is a campground at the end of the road called Phelps Creek.

The only place to get on the trail north of Snoqualmie would be Stevens Pass (Hwy 2)  It is pretty tough walk to Phelps Creek from there because the detour goes up over Little Giant Pass.

If you got on the trail at Snoqualmie and off at Stevens you are only about a 30 minute car ride from Lake Wenatchee.