[pct-l] Dehydrators

Sean Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Fri Jul 18 15:59:52 CDT 2008

Nesco American Harvest and Excaliber are the 2 main brands.  You an't go wrong with either.  The brand I have and what most people I know have the American Harvest brand as it is more commonly found in stores and usually cheaper.  And despite the comment otherwise, they are designed to not need tray rotation just like the excaliber ones.

This is the model I use, FD-75PR Snackmaster® Pro 700 Watt Food Dehydrator.  It comes with 5 trays though you can add up to 12.  This ibe can do anything that I need it to do.
http://www.nesco.com/products/?category=300&subcat=100&id=333

If you shope around the internet, you  should be able to find it cheaper.  I mainly use mine to dry vegetables, sauces, and ground beef to add to rice and other store bought food to add flavor and nutrition  But it is very easy to dry entire meals as well.

-Sean