[pct-l] Marble Mtns Wilderness PCT section closed due to fire

Suzannah Swinehart suz_quz at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 12:25:39 CDT 2008

Okay, did anyone else notice the U with the dots (umlaut?) above the scale in that map? It looks
like a giant smiley face, an odd thing to put on a closure map. It's like the FS is giving hikers a
thumbs up while telling us "By the way, we've just doubled your hike for this area! Have fun on the
roadwalk!"

Don't get me wrong; I totally understand and support the need for safety and closures...it's just
funny that there would be a big happy face to go along with it.

A little random humor from the sunny (and finally cool!) Willamette Valley...

-Chipmunk

Message: 12