[pct-l] public transportation to and from John Muir?

Chrystal Pendzich ach.mensch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 20:24:17 CDT 2008

Hello all!I am in need of some advice. I have a week free in August and
would love nothing more than to head up to part of the John Muir trail and
hike as much of it as I can before heading back down to San Diego. I have
been searching for the best location to begin and end my hike - anywhere
that I can reach by some sort of public transportation. So far my idea has
been to make it up to Yosemite, but I'm unsure if I should just stick around
the area for a week and head home, or try and hike to another destination.
Does anyone have any suggestions for good beginning and end points for such
a trip? I'm not set on Yosemite, nor the John Muir trail - just something
beautiful and woodsy that I can experience in the short amount of time I
have.
Thank you!
-Chrystal