[pct-l] Adam Bradley ''Monstro'' PCT tru-hike or record attemt?

Shelly Culbertson shelly.culbertson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 15:55:34 CDT 2008

Hi Reinhold, et al,

Adam wasn't planning to hike the PCT at all this year until about a week
before he started.  He had done months of planning & preparation to hike the
CDT, but just before leaving he was notified that the time required would
exceed the maximum leave of absence he could get from work, so he made a
last-minute change of plans and re-purposed his CDT drops (which were
already entirely packed).

Adam likes a challenge, and he likes hiking light and fast (AZT record).  He
also has a purist style (no skipping/flipping etc.).  His intention with
this hike is to see for himself what he is capable of.  Based on his
progress so far, it seems that this could put him in contention for the
record, and I'll continue to post updates from him so that this info is
available to anyone who is interested.  I wouldn't say that he is chasing
Scott & Joe - it's not that personal.  He knows, likes, and very much
respects both of them (also, as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of
flattery).  I guess the outcome just remains to be seen.  In any case, he
and I both wish the best to all hikers, and that everyone can finish their
hikes without interference from fires or other calamities.

Shelly (Adam's buddy)