[pct-l] Tehachapi Fire

Tom Aterno taterno at cox.net
Sun Jul 6 14:34:56 CDT 2008

Retro,
That is the Piute fire.  It is west of the PCT as far as I can tell,
and south of Lake Isabella.

The following is the closure info, and does not appear to affect the
PCT.

Existing Closures and Road Status
On July 1, the Forest Service implemented a Piute Fire Area Closure.
This area includes all access points west of the Pacific Crest Trail.
BLM closures include Nichols Peak, Bright Star Wilderness Area, Cortez
Canyon, Dry Canyon, Jawbone Canyon and Lynch Canyon, Piute Mountain
Road, Saddle Springs Road, Erskine Creek Road and all routes of travel
west of the Pacific Crest Trail, are now closed to off highway
vehicles (OHV). Other road closures include McCray Road from the end
of the pavement south, and Fawn Drive from the end of the pavement
south. Further information may be obtained at 661-391-6005. There is
an area closure in effect for the Piute Mountains from Piute Mountain
Road at Caliente Creek Road; Saddle Springs Road at Caliente/Bodfish
Road; Jawbone Canyon Road south of Piute Mountain Road; Roads 29S02
and 29S03 and Erskine Creek Road at pavement .

Tom KI6ASP
The Incredible Bulk