[pct-l] The Trail Yokozuna

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jul 5 19:05:37 CDT 2008

Unsupported Reinhold writes: I'm getting to old for this ''extreme'' stuff...I was 62-63 back in 2003-2004....but you, you are still young and can bring the
Unsupported JMT back to the PCT crowd with your ''powered by alcohol
theory.'' At 41 miles per gallon you only need to drink 1.25 gallons to do 50 mile days, which will be sufficient to bring the record home.  BTW...My test of your theory, on the 4th of July, did not go so well...I made the mistake of filling up the tank and drinking the whole gallon at the start and never made it out of the gate. I think one needs to drink a little at a time as one goes along.
Switchback the Trail Yokozuna replies: Speaking of experiments, I am headed over to Lone Pine and Mt. Whitney around August 8 to meet Can'tQuit and her sister as they do some PCT section hiking.  I will test out my solar panel-satellite radio idea.  This will once again be ground breaking, cutting edge gear testing by Switchback.

Of course, I will stay at the Dow Motel and eat at the Merry-Go-Round.  I plan to party a lot too.  Plus, I will drive Piney, the Prius PCT hybrid support vehicle, over there.  I am getting 40 in the city and 50 on the highway with it.  The 230 mile trip over there should cost me about 4.5 gallons of fuel.