[pct-l] trail routing north of Belden

David Plotnikoff david at emeraldlake.com
Tue Jul 1 18:56:27 CDT 2008

Hello from a longtime list-lurker.

 From what I can gather from assorted Web references, the trail route
north from Belden, up the Chips Creek drainage, to Poison Spring is
significantly divergent from what's in the guidebook.

Can someone who's been up that stretch recently shed some light on
exactly what the situation is? Is there one confusing creek crossing
around Myrtle Flat? Several? Does the current route drop all the way
down to Chips Creek proper, or remain high up the slope? Did people
end up going XC between Myrtle Flat and Poison Spring? Cairns?

Thanks. I suspect JoAnn Michael and the Backcountry Horsemen are the
right people to address this. But I can't seem to find her e-mail at
the moment.

DP