[pct-l] SD's and mail

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Thu Jan 31 10:40:07 CST 2008

Good morning, Kris,

I considered the possibility that the SDs could be scrambled in transit,
possibly by being close to an electric motor, but I chose to ignore it as
being probably less than the risk of the package being lost entirely.  As
Marcia mentioned, I sent my Journal notes and SDs home in a Priority Mail
packet available at the PO.  As No Hurry mentioned, a CD is probably the
safest in that regard, but somewhat of a hassle for me who likes to minimize
town-time.

Keep in mind, finding an average 300 lb. American on the PCT is about as
likely as finding pterodactyl poop on the sidewalk.

I might be interested in your Whitney but if you omit the kitchen sink about
10% of the pack will be empty.  Not cool.

Steel-Eye