[pct-l] CA water year so far

Weathercarrot weathercarrot at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 23:17:47 CST 2008

here are some rainfall totals for the week ending today in many southern CA locations, including higher elevation sites near the PCT from Campo to around Cajon Pass:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/sgx/display_product.php?sid=SGX&pil=RRM

Depending on the location, it looks like we're running roughly between 100 and 150 percent of normal so far this season in southern and central CA.  There's a lot of variation, but it's clear that we're doing fairly well in making up for last year's dry season.  Still much too early to tell what that means for the early summer snow conditions.  Note that a precip season is considered July 1st to June 30th.

wc