[pct-l] New Hiking Term

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Jan 28 09:46:18 CST 2008

Since I have invented a new category of backpacking, I have to name  it.  It
is part of my Unified Field Theory of Backpacking.

When you use a waist pack with water carriers, that means from your waist  up
you are an Ultra Light backpacker.  No problem at all.  Your pack  is easily
under 15 pounds.  Let's see what should I name it?

1.  Semi Ultra Light
2.  Switchback's Super Secret Backpacking Method
3.  "Water weight?  I aint afraid of no water weight"  Method
4.  The Balanced Backpacker Method
5.  Ultra Light Plus
6.  Pack Plus Pack Method
7.  Heavy Ultra Light

I will have to think about this.  Of course, there will be many who  will try
to steal my idea and claim it is their own.  "I have been doing  that for 70
years on the trail and you have only done it for 40 years."   "Switchback is a
fraud and cheat.  He saw me do it last year on the  PCT."

Switchback the Trail Blazer
"The journey not the arrival matters." –T.S. ELIOT, English  (US-born) poet,
1888—1965