[pct-l] Lighter for the Trail

G. Lowe aka Wheeew gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 18:06:44 CST 2008

You better quit worrying so much about all those lbs of UL equip, pick up the rock and start practice hiking for that expedition.  Shopping does not count as practice hiking!

  Wheeew

Hiker97 at aol.com wrote:
      I was looking around for items for my fire starter kit and could not find my ultra light weight BIC lighter.  I had thought I had one.  Go to this site to see the mini.

  www.bicworld.com/inter_us/bdd/product_classics.asp?product_id=12

  I use a lighter to light my wind proof REI Storm matches.  I find that is a sure way to light matches in a wet environment.  I also have some small fire starter cubes/balls in my kit.  The whole thing weighs about half an ounce or so.

  So, now I have to go down to mean old Walmart to see if I can find a BIC mini lighter.  The planning for the upcoming Grand Canyon expedition never stops.  I did not know I was so disorganized.

  Well, I better get started.  I want to be home in time to see my hero Tiger Woods humiliate all these other millionaires.

  Your hiking buddy, Switchback the Tiger Woods of Backpacking

-Wheeew-
www.trailjournals.com/wheeew/
---->MexiCan----> 2008